If you’re not building a list, then you’re leaving money on the table. However, you’re also letting a lot of money slip through your fingers if too many of your visitors are leaving your site without joining your list. Here then are five ways to get more people to subscribe to your newsletter…
- Write a Squeeze Page
You can’t just put up the words “free newsletter,” post your subscription form and expect a rush of new subscriptions.
Instead, you need to create a squeeze page, which is a sales letter for your newsletter. This page should include the usual parts of a sales letter such as the headline, the bulleted benefit list and a strong call to action.
Here are two additional tips:
- Answer the “what’s in it for me” question. From the second your reader lands on your squeeze page, he’s going to wonder, “what’s in it for me?” Your headline should answer that question by promising a big benefit. And every line of your copy should continue answering that question until your prospect is convinced he needs to join your list.
- Make it reader-oriented. Your letter should use the word “you” as much as possible (otherwise the reader will lose interest). If you have statements that include the word “I,” see if you can rewrite them using the word “you.”
Example: “I’ll show you how to train your dog.”
Rewritten: “You’ll discover how to train your dog.”
- Offer a Freebie
Yes, your newsletter is free. But you need to offer a little extra bonus to entice subscribers to join now. This extra bonus might be something like:
- A free report or ebook.
- A free multi-part ecourse delivered by autoresponder. (This is one of the best freebies, because it trains your subscribers to read your emails!)
- Free access to a membership site.
- Free access to teleseminar.
- Free audio recordings.
- Free video.
- Free software.
- Or other free tools or resources.
- Provide Proof
Your prospects don’t believe you. And if they don’t believe you, they’ll guard their email addresses and click the back button. That’s why you should include proof such as endorsements, testimonials, screenshots, video, pictures and other evidence that your claims are true.
- You might provide “before” and “after” pictures on a bodybuilding site.
- Or you might provide video proof of your Clickbank account to show that you know what you’re talking about in terms of affiliate marketing.
- Arouse Curiosity
One of the best ways to boost your conversion rate is by arousing your prospect’s curiosity about your newsletter and/or your freebie. You can do this in your headline as well as in your list of benefits.
- “Discover a sales letter trick that doubles your conversion rate overnight – see page 18 to learn this surprisingly simple trick!”
- Or “You’ll find out what five words you can say to a marketer that will virtually guarantee he’ll agree to your joint venture!”
Congratulations – you now know five ways to get more people to join your list. Naturally, just knowing these tips won’t grow your list.
So start applying them today, because the sooner you do, the sooner you can reap the rewards!